Attention Current employees:
|Open Enrollment||Important note:|
January 1 through February 28 with an
April 1st effective date
Your child may be covered for the voluntary vision insurance through the end of the month in which he/she turns age 26. The child under age 26 can be:
1. Forward a college schedule or information from the college verifying that the dependent is a full time student to email@example.com to keep them on the coverage, or
2. Send an enrollment form to remove them from the coverage to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|UNIVERSITY OF IOWA EMPLOYEES HAVE TWO OPTIONS|
|Convenient Payroll Deductions!|
|Plans at a glance:|
|Vision Exam||Every 12 Months||Every 12 Months|
|Standard Lenses||Every 12 Months||Every 12 Months|
|Frames||Every 12 Months||Every 12 Months|
|Contact Lenses||Every 12 Months||Every 12 Months|
|Monthly Rates||Current||Eff. 4/1/19||Current||Eff. 4/1/19|
|Employee + Spouse||$19.90||$19.26||$17.68||$16.44|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$22.32||$19.80||$18.16||$16.90|
|Employee + Family||$28.98||$28.38||$25.96||$24.14|
|More Information||More Information|
- New Hire – you can enroll in the voluntary vision benefits within the first days of being hired. Your effective date would be the first of the month following 30 days of employment.
- Qualifying Event – you can enroll or make changes to your voluntary vision benefits if you have had a qualifying event (marriage, divorce, birth of a child, loss of coverage, etc.).
- Open Enrollment – open enrollment for the voluntary vision coverage runs every year from January 1st to February 28th for an April 1st effective date